I’m having difficulty keeping my enthusiasm up for the sushi costume. I’m working on the part I knew would be difficult, hand sewing the fabric around the long side piece. I thought I had a great idea for sewing the neck hole first and then putting it through the hole. But I didn’t quite think it through and I sewed it so that there is a seam sticking out, but I meant to make it so the seam would be against the foam. I spent way too much time hand sewing it, so it's staying that way. I think I'll get some white fleece to line the edges of the neck and arm holes. That will be soft, chafe-free and I won’t have to hem it.
My intent is to get at least one side sewn tonight during Lost and CSI: NY. I’ll tape Veronica Mars. I watched all the shows I taped last week while working on the California Roll on Sunday. I’m sure that’s what I’ll do this weekend as well. Time is getting away from me. I had hoped to be done by now.
I haven’t even started my sister’s costume. Luckily hers is much simpler. The only sewing is the seaweed “belt.” The seaweed is felt so I want to put some non-stretchy fabric inside; this will also give me a solid base to sew the Velcro® onto. My sister took the pictures of the sushi; I hope they are good enough. It’s not that I don’t trust her, but I don’t think she has ever used the macro setting on her camera.
So, I guess I better get on with the sewing. Ack! I hope this really is the hardest part. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the rest will be pretty easy. (Maybe that’s why the sewing is hard.)