This is my new bike helmet. It's white. The funky colors are an effect on Photo Booth, a fun little app on my mac that used the built in camera.
It's Thursday, but it feels like Friday because I'm taking tomorrow off. I'm going to an OA conference this weekend in Milwaukee and it starts tomorrow. It's only a two hour drive without traffic. We'll leave after lunch so it should be a low stress drive.
I've only loaded about 15 albums onto my new Nano, most of them pretty new (to me). I only have 189 songs on it right now. Hopefully I'll take the time to get my PC up and running again soon so I can get my purchased music transfered over. I've got much of it backed up, but I know I bought some in early winter. I don't mind reburning songs from CD, but it would be a lot quicker to just copy from the pc. I wonder if the files are different at all when burned using iTunes for Windows or iTunes on mac.
Here are the first 5 songs on my nano shuffle this afternoon:
- Hummingbird - Wilco (A Ghost is Born)
- Dinner At Eight - Rufus Wainwright (Want One) - whenever a rufus tune shows up in shuffle mode it makes me want to go listen to more, that's how this became an early import to new nano
- The Hurting Time - Annie Lennox (Bare) - one of my favorite albums ever.
- Like a Star - Corinne Bailey Rae (Corinne Bailey Rae) - I resisted buying this CD. I seem to only really like the singles I've heard on the radio (including this one). Hope multiple listens will change this.
- Candy Floss - Wilco (Summerteeth) the only artists I've imported more than one album and both show up.
I don't have much else. I think I'm going to end up naming my MacBook Pro. How queer am I? (I mean that in the old politically incorrect schoolyard lingo. I mean no disrespect. I just could not come up with an alternative word that means what I mean.) Maybe by writing about it before I do it, I'll not do it. I don't have any names in mind. I just got that impulse to name it. It occurred to me when it occurred to me that my bike bike needs a name. This feels right. Again, no specifics. Just the thought that this object must be named.
I've been meaning to post about the pinata I made for BugBoy's birthday party, but haven't made time. Here is a picture of the beheading:
For the making of you can got the set on Flickr.