No real time today, so just a quick recap of long weekend:
- Thanksgiving was a nice mellow day. Turkey was a disappointment though. It was a pre-cooked bird from Heavenly Ham. It tasted like lunch meat. I was greedy too and took a huge portion. Then had to take seconds of green bean casserole and mashed potatoes just to finish up the turkey on my plate. I got greedy and paid the price.
- I did not intend to shop on black Friday, but ended up at my favorite toy store for 20% off everything and then went to Jo-ann's that evening to buy a work light for 50% off.
- While at the fabric store, I was inspired to make some x-mas tree shaped pillows for my sister. I found some green fun fur and fell in love, it's like a Muppet pelt. I spent the rest of the weekend working on a stuffed tree about 34" tall. I don't have a sewing machine, so it's all hand-stitched. I'll have to post some pictures.
- I did not shower or leave my condo on Saturday.
- While sewing the tree I watched both Netflix movies in my possession and then the extended version Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I have yet to watch the whole thing in one calendar day, but as usual, I watched it all within 24 hours. I love that movie. I'm sad that Peter Jackson won't be making The Hobbit.
- I'm going to apply for a new role at work. It would be a promotion and I'd be working with a different group of people. I've had some conversations today and last week that make it seem like a good fit for me. Scary though.
- I have to go now so I can make it to yoga on time, but I don't feel like going again. I know I'll be glad after I go, but right now it seems like a better idea to go buy TP and something for dinner and go home to watch Heros and Studio 60 on Sunset