Today is the day the Inge glass ornaments come out at the jewelry store. I'll be taking an early lunch to head over there. I have a list of nine people to buy gifts for. My friends are just too prolific, not going to add any new families to my list.
I was excited to be the first one in my cell at work this morning, not I think the other regulars are working from home today. Ah well, I know I was here early. That counts.
Okay, here are the first ten songs that played when I set my iPod to shuffle:
- Flag Day - The Housemartins (London 0 Hull 4)
- The Roof is Leaking - Phil Collins (Face Value)
- Miss Chatelaine - k.d. lang (Ingenue)
- Goin' Down - The Monkees (Anthology (Disc 2))
- Back in Baby's Arms - Patsy Cline (12 Greatest Hits)
- We'll Meet Again - Johnny Cash (American IV: The Man Comes Around)
- Palomar - Rheostatics (1994-Naked in New York Soundtrack)
- Hairdresser On Fire - Morrisey (Viva Hate)
- I'm Ready - Tracy Chapman (New Beginning)
- Would I Lie To You - Eurythmics (Be Yourself Tonight)
Favorite Tune: Wow, very tough call. I was all set to go with a sentimental favorite, but I have to say I really grooved to Back in Baby's Arms this morning. Patsy Cline rocks, but I tend to get burned out on Crazy. Nice to hear something fresh.
Favorite Album: Too. Many. Choices. I know my library is heavy on the 80s but this is on the silly side. Today I'm going with The Housemartins London 0 Hull 4. This takes me directly to my freshman dorm room. I bought a lot of vinyl that year at the Record Swap on Green St.
General: I really liked Goin' Down too, I like Mickey Monkees songs.