I did not work on Bugboy's costume at all this week. With one thing or the other I just didn't get to it all week. I know I can get it done, it's mainly the drying time for the paint. I can't just flip from front to back, I have to wait for each coat to dry. The glow-in-the-dark top coat is really thick. Thank goodness I talked him out of the attaching head feature.
Okay, so on with the music already. Per the rules I set my iPod to shuffle and faithfully record the first ten songs. No excuses or skipping songs. Here we go:
- Even with my Eyes Closed - 10,000 Maniacs (Love Among The Ruins)
- Nemesis - Shriekback (oil & Gold)
- I Feel the Earth Move - Carole King (Tapestry)
- Resist - Melissa Etheridge (Yes I Am)
- Mood Indigo/Sophisticated Lady - Duke Ellington (The Best of the Big Bands)
- Trouble - Popa Chubby (Booty and the Beast)
- Talking to my Angel - Melissa Etheridge (Yes I Am)
- Just A Little Bit Better - Herman's Hermits (Herman's Hermits)
- Suffering - Satchel (Beautiful Girls Soundtrack)
- Invisible Sun - The Police (Every Breath you Take)
Favorite song - Trouble - This song reminded me why I bought the album after seeing them (him?) open for Average White Band at House of Blues.
Favorite Album - Beautiful Girls Soundtrack - This isn't my favorite song on the album, but anytime I hear a song from it my brain perks up because I love the movie and the soundtrack.
General - I like the Mood Indigo part better than Sophisticated Lady, otherwise this song would be up for favorite today. Up until the second Etheridge song it was a great set. They all fit into my mood and the cold rainy weather. Then it fell apart.
Seen Live - Papa Chubby and Natalie Merchant. Does seeing Natalie Merchant at a private concert (company event) count as seeing 10,000 Maniacs? I guess technically not. She was awesome. She said she hadn't performed for an audience for a while and was kind of shy.