Today is my sister’s due date. No news. I’m not allowed to call her and ask how she is. It makes her very cranky. Every time my phone rings I jump. Chances are, she’ll go into labor at night and I won’t hear about it until morning. I take sleeping pills for my insomnia and it wouldn’t be very safe for me to drive over there until morning. So dad will come over in his PJs and call me later.
Bugboy has announced his Halloween costume plan. He’ll be a headless skeleton. The skull is to be over-sized and double as his trick-or-treat bag. I am also instructed to make the skull so that he can attach it to the neck and remove it at will. The body should be pretty simple. He was a skeleton in 2004. I painted with white and glow-in-the-dark fabric paint on a black sweat suit and gloves. He loved it except for the makeup. He had trouble getting it off. Now he has to be able to get the costume on himself at school. The headless part should be pretty simple; there are a lot of examples on the web. The removable, sturdy, hollow, over sized skull is more of a challenge. I asked how likely it was he would change his mind. Sis said he’s been planning this for months. We did some preliminary sketches to make sure we are on the same page. I’ll document the progress on CB. It should be easier than the sushi.
On with the music, iPod set to shuffle:
- Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel (Greatest Hits Vol. 1)
- Stealing the Map – James Homer (The Mask of Zorro Soundtrack)
- I’m a Mother – The Pretenders (Last of the Independents)
- Let it Snow – Vaughn Monroe (Billboard Greatest Christmas Hits)
- Me & Mrs. Jones – The Dramatics (Bridget Jones’s Diary 2)
- My Life - Billy Joel (Greatest Hits, Vol. 2)
- Lied vom Kindsein – Bruno Ganz (Wings of Desire Soundtrack)
- Turn of the Century – Pete Yorn (Day I Forgot)
- You’re the One That I Want – Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta (Grease Soundtrack)
- Muskrat Ramble – Louis Armstrong (West End Blues)
General – I thought I had unchecked all my holiday music. Surprised to hear Let it Snow today. And two Billy Joel songs? That’s just weird. That’s one reason Random Fridays are so much fun, surprises. Muskrat Ramble sounds exactly like all the music they play in Portillo’s Hot Dogs, so I have trouble appreciating the song.
Favorite Song – Turn of the Century – I forget how much I like Pete Yorn. I tend to burn myself out on his albums by listening to them on repeat for days when I get them. Every time he shows up in a random shuffle I want to go listen to all his albums. Then I forget to do it. He has probably released some new stuff by now. I’ll add that to my list of music I want to buy but forget about the moment I step into a store.
Favorite Album – Grease Soundtrack – Seriously, did you expect a different choice?