I'm anxious about bringing my iPod along to California tomorrow. I've checked Southwest site and followed all the links to security documentation. I called the 800 number just now and was told I nothing had changed about electronics and I could absolutely bring my iPod on the plane and use it. So I plan to bring it, but the thought that some power-tripping security contractor could force me to throw it away gives me a headache.
That said, here are the first eleven songs played in a random shuffle today:
- Voulez-Vous Danser - Ace of Base (The Sign)
- The Blizzard of '96 - The Walkmen (Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone)
- Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl) - Haircut 100 (New Wave - Lane Bryant)
- Love is a Many Spendored Thing - Various Artists (Grease Soundtrack)
- Listen to the Band - The Monkees (Anthology)
- Another Postcard - Barenaked Ladies (Everything to Everybody)
- Waiting In Vain - Bob Marley & The Wailers (Legend)
- The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash (American IV: The Man Comes Around)
- Anvil Chorus - Glenn Miller Orchestra (The Best of the Big Bands)
- Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson (Revolutions of Time...The Journey)
- Trouble - Papa Chubby (Booty and the Beast)
Quite a mix today. I included number eleven because I like this song and I saw them live at House of Blues a few years ago.
Favorite Tune - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson - Love this song. I changed my mind several times as the list unfolded. No shortage of favorites today.
Favorite Album - Legend.
General - Another Postcard always makes me smile. I saw BNL live at a New Years Eve concert. They were very entertaining. The crowd was mostly young and earnestly hip. I was with Kari and her husband and would have enjoyed it much more if my mom hadn't been in the hospital (post mastectomy) and if I wasn't coming down with what turned out to be an awful cold.
I'm off to California for Serena's wedding. Wish me and my ipod luck.