- Everybody has Something to Hide except Me and My Monkey - The Beatles (The Beatles)
- World Goes Round - Saigon Kick (The Lizard)
- Don't Talk - 10,000 Maniacs (In My Tribe)
- Hang In Long Enough - Phil Collins (...But Seriously)
- Don Octavio Del Flores - Micheal Kamen (Don Juan De Marco Soundtrack)
- Sell, Sell, Sell - Barenaked Ladies (Maroon)
- Why Should You Come When I Call - Counting Crows (Hard Candy)
- 95.7 - Griffen Technology (iTrip)
- Jamming - Bob Marley & The Wailers (Legend)
- Dona Ana - Micharl Kamen (Don Jaun De Marco)
Favorite Song - Don't Talk. This was "our song" when I was in love with Matt. We bought this album together one rainy winter day on a trip to Chicago. We brought it home and listened to the the record through twice, end to end. I listened to this album obsessively during our ill-fated relationship and our ugly breakup. The lyrics have nothing to do with us, it was just our favorite song. I was a foolish 18-year-old, but I had good taste in music.
Favorite Album - In My Tribe (see Fav song)
Favorite Soundtrack song - New category! Don Octavio Del Flores. I forgot how much I like this soundtrack. Haven't listened to this in years and then got two songs in one Friday list. Wierd.
Seen Live - Ah yes, Saigon Kick is a remnant of my belated metal phase. This was around 1995 and I was hanging out with a guy in the shipping department where I worked. Under his influence I saw Saigon Kick live and bought four of their CDs. I still like them, but not enough to put on their music by choice. I also purchased my one and only Ozzie Osborne album and saw Korn live during this phase. I hated Korn, but since Jason listened to them I figured maybe if I saw them live I'd find some redeeming quality I had overlooked. I never did. Korn blows live harder than they do recorded. The audience was lame too, I had already passed through punk and was uninpressed with the mosh pit and attitude. Been there, done that. Yawn.
I've been distracted by life events and haven't felt up to posting light general banter here at CB. I've written about it over on WIT. Feel free to go read my OA blog, but it ain't pretty or sweet. In fact it sucks ass to be me right now.