Between the ping pong balls my sister and my brother-in-law bought, and the ones I couldn't resist picking up at Wal*mart after work, we have 162 more. (Yes, I do know that W is evil. It's hard to enjoy the low, low prices when I know how they bully their wholesalers. But sometimes they just have what I need and it's two blocks from my office.) That should do it quite nicely.
- Poked two holes in 162 balls
- Strung all the foam rice I cut up until now onto two parallel threads so it would be easier to spray full coverage white
- Painted all the new balls many, many times
- Cut the pieces for the inner cucumber, avocado, and crab meat
- Painted the inner filling pieces
- Inhaled unhealthy amounts of spray paint fumes (I had the garage door open and a fan going, but it was still foggy with fumes)
- Filled the common entryway of my building with said fumes and trailed tiny bits of foam from my condo door to my garage door
Tomorrow I will:
- Give another coat of paint to any balls still not fully covered
- Spray clear triple coat gloss onto balls
- Touch up foam paint as needed
- Glue foam pieces onto round front and back of sushi body
- Sew 162 balls onto body
- Sew orange fleece around neck and arm holes
And, if there is time I will cut my shawl fabric and sew on fringe before getting ready for the costume party. I will attempt to start doing my makeup at 5pm for the 7pm party. I don't know how long it will take me to attach the latex nose and chin, glue on my spider eyelashes, put on my temporary tattoo necklace with rhinestones, apply green makeup from my chest to my hairline, put on my wig, and get dressed.
Okay, I'm exhausted just looking at this list. Got to get to bed. I'll try to take pictures of everything for Flickr.